Sunday, December 8, 2013

Trout's- Your Year in Photos- Reader Poll

They say that a photo is worth a thousand words, and that every great photograph tells a story.  Whether it be a great day on a local stream or a new destination with new fish, you can look back at the photos that were taken, and relive the day and remember the fish that were caught and the good times that were had.  Looking back at the last years collection of photographs, I can say that I had a very successful season, full of amazing waters and beautful fish.

What I've done is choose my favorite pictures from 2013, and will leave it up to my readers (if I have any) to decide which picture shall be my entry to Trout's Fly Fishing- Your Year in Photos- Photography Contest.  While I have my personal favorites, it will be interesting to see how others view the pictures that I took this year.  There is a poll to the right of this post that will close on Dec. 13th.  Thank you so much for the help.

  • Cheesman Canyon fall brown-  Caught this beautiful Brown out of Jamboree pool while my dad is fishing in the background.  I don't think there are any trout as beatiful as a fall Brown.


  • Dream Steam turquoise water-  Picture was actually taken by my wife on our only fishing trip of the year together.  We spent the morning walking the banks of the Spinney Mountain section of the South Platte.


  • San Juan River monster rainbow-  Fish took a red annelid in Cable Hole on a misty San Juan morning.  Fish was so great because my uncle joined us from Michigan for his first western trout trip.  Biggest trout I have ever caught.  Nuff said!


  • Grey Reef cutthroat-  This picture was taken during my first trip to the North Platte River in Wyoming, fishing the Grey Reef section just above Government Bridge.  This fish was taken during a hour long feeding frenzy by the fish, where fish were hooked literally on every cast.


  • Roaring Fork brown-  This lengthy brown hammered a bead head Hare's Ear in a spring creek feeding into the Roaring Fork River just outside of Carbondale.  The creek is about 10 feet wide, but absolutely packed full of gorgeous fish.


  • South Platte rainbow-  I really like the coloring of this rainbow that was caught just above Deckers on the South Platte.  It is fish like this that make people say that the rainbows around Deckers are a species of their own.



  • South Boulder Creek rainbow- This colorful little Rainbow hit a dry fly on blistery cold spring day below Gross Reservoir.  It was my first trip to this beautiful tailwater, and enjoyed the loneliness.


  • Espiritu Santo sunrise- Picture was taken on the dock of Charlies Boat Ramp just outside of Seadrift, TX just as the sun was coming up before my first salt water fishing trip.  Spent the day catching speckled trout and a few Redfish.


  • San Juan River winter rainbow- This gorgeous, fat Rainbow was literally caught on the last cast of winter expedition to a deserted Juan with a group of fraternity brothers.  This was caught at the bottom of the quality waters just as the sun was about to go down on this legendary water.


4 comments:

  1. Wow Mark, you don't make it easy. They're all really nice fish. In the long run I had to go with the cutty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, Gotta agree with Howard! Love the cutt! Good luck in the contest. Let us know how ya do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grey Reef all the way! What a gorgeous fish... And I will be there in June...Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am partial to the SJ rainbow. Nice shots

    ReplyDelete