Looking back on 2013, I had an unbelievable year of fly fishing. I was on the water a bunch, took some very memorable trips, and land lots of fish. But with the calender turning to 2014, it's time to set some new goals for what I would like to accomplish this upcoming year. So here is a list of my 2014 fly fishing resolutions:
- Fish more new water. 2014 will finally be the year when I point the Jeep north and drive it across that Montana state line to fish the true Western classics.
- I will use my float tube more this year, exploring some of the remote, wilderness lakes that our beautiful state has to offer.
- Going to give some love and dedicate way more time to some of the other species in Colorado. Some of my goals are to really try to learn how to fly fish for carp, hook up with feisty Bluegills on my 3wt, and find some nice bass around the Denver metro area.
- Tie up an entire box of dry flies. I have spent more time tying little midges and nymphs, so I will finally break out all of the hackles that have sat in the bottom of material bin and learn how to use them properly.
- Last, and most importantly, slow down. I'm gonna take the time to enjoy the scenery more. As the time keeps moving faster, the river is the one place where I can take a deep breath and soak it all in.
Hoping everyone a great 2014!!