Monday, September 12, 2011

Slaying Fish on Gore Creek



Was up in Vail for the weekend, and could not resist to the temptation to hit up Gore Creek.  I have fished a few of Colorado's Gold Medal Waters, but I think I could see this becoming my favorite.  Me and my Dad fished both Saturday and Sunday, starting at around 6:30 in the morning and being back at the condo before the rest of the family is out of bed.  Between the two of us, I think we brought about 15 to the net, including a gorgeous Bow that my dad hooked on his third drift of the first morning.  The bow took us about 50 yards down the creek, but we managed to finally bring him to the net.  I had heard that the Gore was a very technical fishery, requiring small tippets and patterns, but we had luck with lots of different flies, including red Copper Johns, gray RS2's, Mercury Blood Midge, Red Hot, and Black Beauty's.  It's always nice when you step onto a new river, and have good fishing right from the start!!!

Very nice Gore Creek Bow!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment