Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back in the Tying Game

After a month and a half hiatus, I finally sat down at the bench last night and twisted up some bugs.  Nothing fancy, just some little midges for our annual trip to the Juan next month.  Gonna be supplying flies for four fisherman, so I'm gonna have to start really cranking them out.  Felt a little rusty the first few flies, but got back in that nice little rhythm after a few flies and they ended up looking pretty darn good.  This time of year and tying midges always make me excited for our annual pilgrimage to the Juan!!!

Bling Midge and Boogie Nights Midge

5 comments:

  1. Nice patterns! Look forward to hearing about your time on the San Juan! Good luck, safe travels and tight lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into "bling" usually... But, I love the Bling Midge! Now, we need a report on how the trip went... = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon enough, just gotta get through the next couple weeks!!

      Delete